Location: San Antonio, TX
Pay: $100,000.00 - $125,000.00 /Year
Name: Denise Doan firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a Strategic Controller to be part of a rapidly growing organization that is impacting peoples’ lives. It doesn’t get more rewarding than that! This opportunity is for someone who wants to truly add value to an organization and in exchange for your passion, they offer an entrepreneurial and rewarding environment where employees are highly respected.
- Report to Senior Director of Finance
- Designated accounting staff
- Aligning and evaluating an organization’s value proposition, goals, and objectives
- Communicating with and build alliances with business partners, investors, and board of directors
- Identifying and evaluating nonfinancial areas for cost control measures
- Recognizing activities that add value to the organization
- Create additional accounting policies and procedures as needed to enhance the quality of accounting operations, recognizing the early stage/start-up nature of the business
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Calculate variances from the budget and report material issues to management
- Oversee and manage any outsourced functions (e.g., payroll, sales-tax, Federal and State Taxes)
- Manage assigned members of the accounting department, expand the team, and guide them through operational changes.
- Responsible for daily cash management operations, short-term cash forecasting and all aspects related to the management of operating cash flow.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions, accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that equity is properly reflected for the partner/investor accounts.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants, if any
- Interact with and provide support for other aspects of the business
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business required and MBA preferred
- CPA – Certified Public Accountant required
- Knowledge of SOX/SEC requirements, experience with IPO process a plus.
- Experience with cost accounting in a manufacturing environment advantageous.
- Public accounting experience, preferably in a big 4 combined with 5+ years of accounting experience in a management capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to build confidence in their team and earn confidence of their leadership
- Experience working in a manufacturing or healthcare/hospital environment
- Experience with Netsuite a plus
- Base salary is $100,000 - $125,000 based on prior experience