Buildings Business Leader – New York
Location: Queens, NY
Why Choose Arcadis:
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.About This Business Line
Arcadis North America is seeking a Business Leader for our Buildings Business Line to lead the growth and profitability of our Program, Project and Construction Management business in New York City and the surrounding area.
This position has P&L responsibility and requires leadership abilities in business development, client engagement, team leadership and operations management. Significant local market knowledge and experience building and motivating a high-performing team is required. The Business Leader owns the operational performance of their Business Unit, including primary focus on driving top line performance through strategic planning, market research, client outreach and advisory, pursuit leadership, strategic teaming, recruiting of top talent, project management, optimizing staff utilization, proactively controlling overhead costs, managing cash flow (e.g., DRO) through timely invoicing on projects, and driving toward the highest bottom line performance (e.g., profitability). Business Leaders must possess a passion for leadership and embrace and promote the Mission, Vision and Values of the organization. They must proactively communicate with their team to deliver a clear and persuasive message on goals and objective for the Business Unit that tie into overall goals for the Business Line and Company.
Position expectations include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the professional and financial success of the Business Unit including sales (contract bookings), net revenue, profitability, client management, proposal development, marketing, project management, team engagement and general management responsibilities.
- Knowledge of the local/regional construction market, especially related to program, project and construction management, in New York City and the surrounding area to drive project delivery to support market growth locally and throughout the region.
- Act as a local business development leader and operations manager (seller-doer), managing PMs, field staff, and support staff on complex projects from inception to closure (budget, schedule, scope, plan and direct consulting activities, quality control, etc.).
- Candidate will participate in and lead the development of the Annual and Strategic plans for the region and executes those plans.
- Monitors financial performance of the region, managing resources and assisting in negotiating change orders as necessary to maintain client satisfaction and profitability. Serves as the client liaison.
- Will ensure that all monthly Project Manager Reviews, Financial Status Reviews, and Compliance activities are completed.
- Will ensure that all Performance Reviews, Goal Setting and Career Development Planning are completed for all employees and supervisors.
- Actively develops and maintains client relationships and builds new business, and participates in the evaluation of new project opportunities; Identifies and executes project proposals, develops interview teams, and project marketing budgets.
- Trains, coaches and mentors teams on business development and pursuit leadership. Assesses go/no-go decisions and ensures teams are following go/no-go processes.
- Should be able to provide project delivery expertise; including planning, budgeting, and schedule monitoring and control, to guide project management staff.
- Organizes and directs internal staff and external subcontractors in accordance with project priorities, guidelines and contractual obligations.
- Engages and works with various local, national, and global technical leaders as appropriate.
- Maintains visibility and professionalism in the market by participating in civic and professional organizations and encouraging all staff to do the same.
- Conducts regular resourcing calls with other business leaders to discuss staff availability or needs.
- Responsible for overall people management for the Business Unit, including morale, hiring, onboarding, goal setting, performance management and terminations. Ensure supervisors are well trained and effective in their supervisory responsibilities.
- 10+ years of team or business leadership experience, at least five of which are in the A/E/C or professional services industry in a similar leadership role. Experience leading a program, project or construction management business preferred.
- Proven record of growing a business with direct business development responsibility. Experience with operations management, staff leadership, and managing teams and projects.
- Previous experience managing staff and client conflicts and providing effective resolutions.
- Candidates must possess excellent, clear and concise, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously is required with strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented and flexible individual must possess the initiative and ability to tackle new projects and challenges daily.
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.