Chief Financial Officer (CFO) at Logan Memorial Hospital in Russellville, KY
Location: Russellville, KY
The Chief Financial Officer provides leadership and direction to all financial departments for the overall fiscal responsibility of the hospital.
• Administers the general accounting, patient business services, including third party reimbursement, financial, and statistical reporting functions of the hospital in accordance with established policies and accounting procedures.
• Provides formal or informal direction in data processing, distributed systems, material management and medical records functions.
• Trains subordinates on the above areas and monitors performance to ensure fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
• Assists the CEO in the development of long and short-range hospital operations plans that may include service demand analyses, resources availability analyses and cost benefit analyses of proposed capital and staff expansions.
• Develops long and short-range operational and capital budgets, which are supported by the hospitals long and short range plans and objectives.
• Prepares cash flow analyses and budget variance analyses.
• Recommends budget modifications as required. Assists managers in the development of departmental budgets.
• Monitors, interprets and analyzes hospital financial performance in realizing established plans and objectives of the hospital.
• Identifies and reports undesirable trends and potential business opportunities and makes recommendations for action.
• Directs the preparation of internal financial reports including work papers for annual financial audit.
• Assures the timely and accurate preparation of financial reports and assures that the reports reliably reflect the financial position of the hospital.
• Assumes a lead role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing hospital operating costs and increasing revenues based on knowledge of market trends, financial reports and operating procedures.
• Responsible for direction and submission on a timely basis all financial data associated reports required by government and other regulated agencies including payroll tax reports, public disclosure reports and third party payor cost reports.
(Experience, Education and Special Certifications…)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and the knowledge of generally accepted accounting principals, and verbal, interpersonal and quantitative skills normally acquired through completion of this degree is required.
• CPA or Master's Degree strongly preferred.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience working at the CFO level in an acute-care hospital is required.
• Minimum of three years of progressive management experience in an investor-owned healthcare organization required.
• Must be a strong, hands-on and approachable leader who understands the value of being a team-player and have an outgoing and friendly personality.
• Must understand how to motivate and inspire staff to achieve optimal results, while keeping employee satisfaction high.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires prolonged sitting and some bending, stooping, and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment and involves frequent contact with staff and the public.
LifePoint Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
LifePoint Health and all of our facilities are committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunity for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This job description in no way states or implies that the key accountabilities above are the only ones being performed by the individual(s) with this job description. The individual(s) may be called upon and required to follow or perform other duties and tasks requested by his or her supervisor, consistent with the purpose of the position, department and/or company objectives.