Survey Party/Chief Instrument Operator II (ID# 33881)(Senior Surveyor)
Location: Trenton, NJ
About WSP USA
WSP USA, formerly WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms—WSP. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. wsp.com.
We have an immediate need for a full-time Survey Party Chief / Instrument Operator II in our Civil Engineering Department.
This candidate will provide a combination of field and office work (depending on workload) to include:
- Topographical surveys, as built surveys and route surveying.
- Field calculations and sketching.
- Supervision and responsibility for safety of survey crew members.
- Willingness to work overtime (longer than an 8-hour shift), including nights and/or weekends if required.
- Occasional road trips with overnight stays. Road trips outside New Jersey may also be required.
- Downloading and compilation of field data sketches and checking raw field data.
- Perform and/or coordinate deed searches and property owner listings.
- Review deeds, tax maps, and filed maps.
- Develop property line mosaics for use with Right-Of-Way Plans.
Qualifications for the Party Chief / Instrument Operator II position include:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in field surveying, utilizing Total Stations with data collectors and electronic levels. (Experience with a Robotic Total Station is a plus).
- 2 Years of office experience, including the processing of survey data with AutoCAD or Bentley Microstation.
- 1 Year of office experience, working with property documents, and developing deed mosaics.
- High School Diploma.
- Valid NJ Driver’s License.
- Ability to lift 20-25 pounds (carry survey equipment as required).
- Climb ladders and/or stairs. Stand and walk for extended periods of times.
Local candidates are preferred, as this is an immediate need. No housing or relocation assistance provided.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F) /Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation