The North Face: Executive Assistant
Location: Alameda, CA
The primary responsibilities of the Executive Assistant are to provide administrative and project support to the Territory General Managers (GMs) and General Manager - Americas. The nature of work is somewhat varied and typically project oriented with both long and short term projects requiring creativity and ingenuity.
- Scheduling all appointments, meetings and conferences and maintaining calendars. Coordinating, planning, and participating in conferences when required, client meetings, and staff meetings.
- Completing daily administrative tasks that include phones, correspondence preparation, distribution, and filing of memo/letters, handling incoming mail, e-mail, faxes, making copies, sending faxes, etc. Reading and routing incoming/outgoing mail, forwarding appropriate information to other executives, departments/and others (ex. VF Corporate), following-up with correspondence replies and action items.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships throughout the organization by exhibiting outstanding customer service skills with all internal and external customers.
- Acting as liaison between management and staff members, customers and vendors.
- Coordinating all business travel arrangements and arranging travel schedule and reservations via Corporate Travel program or other source as designated and provides complete and thorough follow-up.
- Using spreadsheet, word processing, graphics, forms, and chart software to create and edit presentation materials, reports, and other documents.
- Establishing and maintaining filing systems. Ensuring corporate filing system is up to date by keeping accurate copies of projects, correspondence, and/or other related materials.
- Preparing and coordinating expense report reimbursement and providing accounting detail and follow-up.
- Ordering supplies and product as necessary and maintaining supply records for invoicing.
- Performing these and other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 3 years administrative support experience reporting to Senior Management, preferably sales, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Advanced typing and computer skills are required including a solid knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and desktop publishing.
- Strong PC skills and knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint are required.
- Excellent organizational, communication and grammatical skills with a strong attention to detail required.
- Excellent planning, scheduling and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work professionally with flexibility in handling multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.