VP Compliance Officer
Location: New York, NY
Name: Carola Warren
Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with more than $65 billion in assets. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has more than $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across a wide variety of industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
This role is a Senior Compliance Officer for CIT Capital Securities LLC, a U.S. registered broker-dealer and CIT Asset Management LLC, a registered investment adviser. The role is based in New York City and is responsible for managing the compliance programs for the BD (Broker Dealer) and RIA (Registered Investment Advisor).
* Administration of the BD and RIA Compliance Program.
* Drafting, revising, and implementing all WSP's (Written Supervisory Procedure), compliance manuals, policies and procedures.
* Maintaining registration requirements for all registered reprsentatives of the broker-dealer.
* Monitoring the activities of registered persons including outside brokerage accounts, private securities transactions, outside business activities, and email communication.
* Conducting training to review policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
* Performing annual Office of Supervisory Jurisdiction (OSJ) inspections and annual Compliance review of the RIA.
* Maintaining required books, records, and operating procedures including correspondence, complaints, gift logs, code of ethics and firm related disclosures.
* Preparing Form ADV updates and filings.
* Actively engaging with the busininess to provide compliance support and helping resolve issues.
* Collaborating as needed with regulators, internal and external counsel, and associated personnel of the BD and RIA.
* Bachelor's degree required, JD desirable.
* 5+ years experience working in a Broker-Dealer (BD) and Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) environment.
* Strong knowledge of FINRA and SEC regulations.
* FINRA Series 7 & 24 licensed.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and regulatory examiners.
* Strong organizational and recordkeeping skills.