Location: Hartford, CT
Pay: $150,000.00 /Year
***This role is located in the Springfield, MA area***
We have an exclusive, retained search being launched today for a CFO/Controller.
Our client is a multi-million dollar, rapidly growing, international nonprofit organization seeking a hands on, entrepreneurial and results driven CFO/Controller to join their experienced management team.
Critical responsibilities of the CFO/Controller include:
- Manage the entirety of accounting. This includes staff, systems, books and records, reporting, timely operations and soup to nuts issues arising in accounting and finance matters.
- Lead a high performing, well credentialed accounting/finance team of four professionals.
- Oversee and participate in all financial reporting including financial statement preparation, budgets and projections. Present and discuss with President, Trustees and BOD members.
- Collaborate with program directors to assure proper budgeting and tracking of various programs, outcomes, use of third party funds, contract compliance and other budgetary matters.
- Oversee the annual audit processes on controls, transparency and quality of financial information, budgets variances and operations.
- Work with outside public accounting firm to prepare annual 990 tax form and other required filings.
- Work with outside counsel on tax, regulatory and compliance issues.
- Provide financial analysis and strategy recommendations to President, Trustees and Finance Committee.
- Provide accounting support to Investment Committee.
- Evaluation and selection/implementation of technology solutions to support accounting/finance operations. This requires a hands-on, working knowledge with systems related issues and a strong preference for experience overseeing the design, development, implementation and maintenance of multiple systems of accounting, reporting and control.
- Maintain internal controls.
- Oversee cash management.
- Manage payroll and benefits, insurance program and third parties to which accounting functions have been outsourced, including operators in foreign countries.
To succeed in the CFO/Controller position, you will need:
- An Accounting degree and 10+ years in senior accounting management role preferably with prior Controller or CFO experience.
- Direct experience with software system implementations and upgrades.
- Experience with international operations.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Along with your resume, please submit a cover letter addressing the skills and requirements above.
- Provide your current salary, bonus information and any other financial logistics impacting on your candidacy.
- Appropriate applications will be asked to complete various forms and assessment tools as part of the initial selection process.
- Candidates applying from outside the Hartford, Springfield, New Haven area must include intentions around relocation and relocation expenses.
- This is a full time, five day a week, high performance role. There are no accommodations for remote work, reduced work schedules or regular flexible work arrangements.