Vice President of Regional Operations - Kay Jewelers - Position based in the United States and relocation is not required
Location: Akron, OH
Coaches, develops, mentors, empowers and collaborates with District Managers to develop the regional action plans that will optimize store profits, create long-term growth and achieve the corporate strategy.
Position based in the United States and relocation is not required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports and communicates the strategic relevance of corporate initiatives. Translates corporate direction into action plans that will optimize resources and produce desired results. Collaborates with District Managers to ensure consistency while addressing unique district needs.
- Assesses region to determine the talent necessary to drive results. Creates and implements action plans to develop or recruit talent and ensure continuous availability of management staff needed to meet business objectives. Ensures accuracy of employee data in system records.
- Visits stores to validate understanding and application of procedures, initiatives, and policies. Coaches District Managers and store staff to address and correct the root cause of the operational or team issue.
- Participates in the creation of visual standards. Coaches the District Manager or store staff to develop understanding of brand image and to ensure consistent representation of the brand in customer interactions and execution of store visuals.
- Sets actionable goals for self and others that define long term success. Communicates performance expectations and ensures all staff members understand the impact of their performance on company success. Monitors progress and learning of staff and evaluates performance against standards. Coaches staff through success, opportunities and skill development.
- Empowers the District Manager or store staff to respond to and resolve customer issues
- Provide quality input into the sales, profit, and capital budget planning processes. Forecasts trends and opportunities identifies competitive threats and available resources to plan effective strategies and develop action plans by using all reporting resources. Implements initiatives that will change behaviors to produce results.
- Communicates directly with departmental representatives within the Store Support Center to provide feedback on store success, make recommendations for improvements, ask and answer questions, foster an environment of open communication and accomplish shared objectives.
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Signet Jewelers guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable laws. These responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning and directing work; performance evaluations; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Typically manages 13 to 15 District Managers who are responsible for 15 to 17 stores in each district. This job is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the region. QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONSMust have a valid driver’s license and proof of insurability.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCEBachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience. Minimum of 10 years experience in resource management, preferably in retail sales with a jeweler or specialty retailer to include 4 years’ experience with multi-unit responsibility.
- Ability to lead others to implement strategies and processes and accomplish business results
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to change processes.
- Strong communication, negotiating, presentation and effective business management skills.
- Demonstrate effective relationship skills.
- Ability to manage interpersonal conflicts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of operational and financial reports and the ability to interpret data to create action plans.