Dialysis Chief Biomedical Technician
Location: Stamford, CT
The Chief Equipment Technician coordinates the technical and building maintenance at the clinic. This includes the water treatment system, dialysis machines, reuse equipment, and other equipment used in providing dialysis.
This position is part-time, 24 hours/week. It is part of our Stamford Hospital Services.
- Ensures equipment maintenance and repair is completed according to the manufacturer guidelines, AAMI standards and DCI guidelines.
- Accountable for the training of all technical staff in the proper use and maintenance of equipment. Documents such training.
- Accountable for maintaining proper inventory, following DCI inventory guidelines.
- Ensures technical staff are performing according to the facility policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and documents routine staff meetings with technical staff.
- Ensures the physical plant is in good working order.
- Coordinates outside services as needed.
- Performs air quality testing according to clinic policy.
- Keeps up-to-date on OSHA and other standards to provide a safe workplace.
- Participates in on-call duties and is available in emergencies as required.
- Associates degree in biomedical applications or similar degree preferred.
- One year related experience in biomedical equipment maintenance.
- Managerial or Supervisor experience preferred.
DCI is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. If you are having difficulty using the online application system or would like to request other accommodations or application methods, please contact Doug Patterson at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 615-327-3061. Once a request has been made, DCI will initiate a discussion with you about your needs and whether an accommodation can be provided. DCI is committed to providing such accommodations where possible.
For more information about equal opportunity please see: