Vice President- Well Site Technology
Location: Houston, TX
Responsibilities include keeping up to date on current and future drilling operation technologies and wellsite reporting (both onsite and offsite). In addition, develop and recommend a plan to capitalize on market potential and create value through the implementation and integration of these technologies. Including evaluating, recommending and executing on market entry and growth strategies both internally and externally. Position will report directly to the President and COO. Position will be located in Houston, Texas.
Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Develop strategic business development plan, including implementation strategies in all Ensign’s regions to commercialize Ensign’s wellsite technology.
- Collaborate with sales and operations teams in order to expand the application and use of WST in performance based contracts.
- Develop strong relationships with internal sales teams and operations and educate on benefits of Ensign’s WST.
- Analyze current sales strategies and identify opportunities for Ensign’s wellsite technology.
- Create long term value for Ensign.
- Keep abreast of future trends in the WST space and put forth recommendations of enhancing future technologies.
- Strong Business Acumen
- Experience researching, analyzing and understanding market trends
- Successful experience in setting and working to achieve / exceed targets
- Experience with stage gating products, concept to commercialization
- Productization experience
- Proven ability to build long term relationships
- Superior communication skills
- Proven ability to translate technical language into every day terms . Know the product and explain the value proposition
Education and Experience
- Engineering Degree
- Experienced and knowledgeable in the electronic controls PLS design space
- Experience in wellbore construction
- Understands all aspects of the drilling process
- Able to understand business drivers on the wellsite